|2022-23 MEN’S BASKETBALL|
|PDF Of Full SEC Release||2022-23 SEC Record Book|
|2021-22 SEC Statistics||Archived Statistics (2000-Present)|
|Scoreboard||SECsports.com Media Page|
· SEC Player of the Week –Georgia center Braelen Bridges, a 6-foot-11, 245-pound fifth-year player from Atlanta, Ga., had 18 points and six rebounds in just 18 minutes of action in a 77-62 win over Notre Dame. Bridges connected on 9-of-9 shots from the floor against the Fighting Irish, one field goal shy of qualifying for the Bulldogs’ single-game record. He helped the Bulldogs capture their first victory over a non-conference Power-5 opponent in more than three years.
· SEC Freshman of the Week – Alabama forward Brandon Miller, a 6-foot-9, 200-pound freshman from Antioch, Tenn., had 36 points and six rebounds against No. 15 Gonzaga. His 36 points are the most by a Division I freshman this season. Miller converted 54.5 percent (12-of-22) of his field goals and 54.5 percent (6-of-11) of his 3-points attempts against the Zags.
· Six teams are receiving mention in the December 19 Associated Press Top 25 highlighted by Tennessee (8th), Alabama (9th), Arkansas (10th), Mississippi State (15th), Kentucky (19th), and Auburn (23rd).
· Two teams rank in the Top 10 of the NCAA’s NET rankings (t-1st nationally), four are in the Top 20 (t-1st nationally), and 11 are in the Top 100 (2nd nationally).
· Six SEC teams are rated among the top 21 defensive teams in the nation according to KenPom: Tennessee 1st, Kentucky 5th, Mississippi State 7th, Arkansas 9th, Auburn 15th, and Alabama 21st.
· Four SEC coaches rank among the winningest active coaches in the nation: John Calipari (4th with 775 wins), Rick Barnes (6th with 763 wins), Bruce Pearl (15th with 622 wins) and Kermit Davis (28th with 475 wins).
· Mississippi State is one of five teams in the nation without a loss.
· Alabama became the first team since the 1965-66 season to beat two teams ranked No. 1 (North Carolina on Nov. 27 and Houston on Dec. 10) before New Year’s Day.
· Tennessee has won four straight games against Associated Press Top five opponents.
· The SEC, ACC and ESPN announced on Nov. 28 the formation of the SEC/ACC Challenge for men’s and women’s basketball, which will begin as part of the 2023-24 season.
· Kentucky was the favorite to win the 2023 SEC championship in a preseason poll of media from around the league and nation. Arkansas was picked to finish second and is followed by Tennessee, Auburn and Alabama. UK’s Oscar Tshiebwe was selected by the media as the preseason player of the year.
· The SEC has had 27 NCAA Tournament selections over the last three tournaments.
· 14 of 14 SEC teams have made at least one NCAA Tournament appearance in the last seven tournaments.
· The SEC has had at least one team advance to the Sweet 16 in 31 of the last 32 tournaments.
· Nine different SEC teams have advanced to the Sweet 16 in the last five NCAA Tournaments. All 14 SEC members have advanced to the Sweet 16 since 1996.
· The SEC has advanced at least one team to the Elite Eight in nine of the last 12 tournaments.
· The SEC has advanced a team to the Final Four six of the last 11 tournaments.
SCHEDULE/RESULTS (All times Eastern):
Tuesday, December 13
at LSU 67, NC Central 57
at #4 Alabama 91, Memphis 88
Wednesday, December 14
Florida 82, Ohio 48
at UAB 84, South Carolina 70
UCF 72, at Ole Miss 61
#17 Mississippi St. 69, Jackson St 59
at #19 Auburn 72, Georgia St. 64
Saturday, December 17
Orange Bowl Classic (Sunrise, FL)
Missouri 68, UCF 66
#15 Gonzaga 100, #4 Alabama 90
East Carolina 64, South Carolina 56
at #17 Mississippi St. 68, Nicholls 66
#10 Arkansas 76, Bradley 57
at Ole Miss 63, Temple 55
CBS Sports Classic (New York, NY)
#16 UCLA 63, #13 Kentucky 53
at LSU 89, Winthrop 81
at Memphis 83, Texas A&M 79
at #9 Arizona 75, #6 Tennessee 70
Legends of Basketball Showcase (Chicago, IL)
NC State 70, Vanderbilt 66
Sunday, December 18
at Southern California 74, #19 Auburn 71
Holiday Hoopsgiving (Atlanta, GA)
Georgia 77, Notre Dame 62
Tuesday, December 20
Wofford at Texas A&M SECN+ 2:00 pm
North Ala. at Ole Miss SECN+ 3:00 pm
Battle in the Vault (Lincoln, NE)
#15 Mississippi St. vs. Drake 5:00 pm
Jackson St. at #9 Alabama SEC Network 7:00 pm
Jumpman Invitational (Charlotte, NC)
Florida vs. Oklahoma ESPN2 9:30 pm
Wednesday, December 21
Chattanooga at Georgia SECN+ 3:00 pm
Austin Peay at #8 Tennessee SECN+ 6:00 pm
Florida A&M at #19 Kentucky SEC Network 7:00 pm
ETSU at LSU SECN+ 8:00 pm
UNC Asheville at #10 Arkansas SEC Network 9:00 pm
#23 Auburn at Washington Pac-12 Network 9:00 pm
Thursday, December 22
Western Ky. at South Carolina SEC Network 7:00 pm
Alabama A&M at Vanderbilt SECN+ 8:00 pm
Missouri vs.#16 Illinois (at St. Louis, MO) SEC Network 9:00 pm
Tuesday, December 27
Northwestern St. at Texas A&M SEC Network 7:00 pm