|2022-23 MEN’S BASKETBALL|
|PDF Of Full SEC Release||2022-23 SEC Record Book|
|2021-22 SEC Statistics||Archived Statistics (2000-Present)|
|Scoreboard||SECsports.com Media Page|
· SEC Player of the Week –Missouri guard/forward Kobe Brown, a 6-foot-8, 250-pound senior from Huntsville, Ala., had 31 points, eight assists, five rebounds, and three steals in a 93-71 win over No. 16 Illinois in St. Louis. Mo. Brown shot 10-of-15 from the floor (.667), 3-of-4 from 3-point range (.750), and 8-of-8 from the free throw line (1.000) on his way to a career-high 31 points. It was the largest Missouri win in the Braggin’ Rights series (22 points) and Brown’s 31 points are the most by a Tiger in series history.
· SEC Freshman of the Week – Kentucky guard Cason Wallace, a 6-foot-4, 193-pound freshman from Dallas, Texas, had 27 points, nine assists, four steals, and two rebounds in a win over Florida A&M. He converted 10-of-15 field goals (.667) and 5-of-6 3-points attempts against the Rattlers. Wallace’s 27 points are a career-best while the nine assists tied his career mark. He is the first Wildcat in the Calipari era to total at least 27 points, nine assists, and four steals in a game.
· SEC teams tip off the 91st year of league play on Wednesday, Dec. 28, with eight teams playing conference games.
· Seven teams are receiving mention in the December 26 Associated Press Top 25 highlighted by Tennessee (7th), Alabama (8th), Arkansas (9th), Kentucky (19th), Auburn (20th), and Mississippi State (21st).
· Three teams rank in the Top 10 of the NCAA’s NET rankings (1st nationally), five are in the Top 30 (t-1st nationally), and 10 are in the Top 100 (t-2nd nationally).
· Six SEC teams are rated among the top 20 defensive teams in the nation according to KenPom: Tennessee 1st, Mississippi State 5th, Arkansas 9th, Auburn 12th, Kentucky 13th, and Alabama 19th.
· Kentucky’s Oscar Tshiebwe needs three more rebounds to become a career 1,000-point, 1,000-rebound player.
· Four SEC coaches rank among the winningest active coaches in the nation: John Calipari (4th with 776 wins), Rick Barnes (6th with 764 wins), Bruce Pearl (15th with 623 wins) and Kermit Davis (28th with 475 wins).
· Alabama became the first team since the 1965-66 season to beat two teams ranked No. 1 (North Carolina on Nov. 27 and Houston on Dec. 10) before New Year’s Day.
· Tennessee has won four straight games against Associated Press Top five opponents.
· The SEC, ACC and ESPN announced on Nov. 28 the formation of the SEC/ACC Challenge for men’s and women’s basketball, which will begin as part of the 2023-24 season.
· Kentucky was the favorite to win the 2023 SEC championship in a preseason poll of media from around the league and nation. Arkansas was picked to finish second and is followed by Tennessee, Auburn and Alabama. UK’s Oscar Tshiebwe was selected by the media as the preseason player of the year.
· The SEC has had 27 NCAA Tournament selections over the last three tournaments.
· 14 of 14 SEC teams have made at least one NCAA Tournament appearance in the last seven tournaments.
· The SEC has had at least one team advance to the Sweet 16 in 31 of the last 32 tournaments.
· Nine different SEC teams have advanced to the Sweet 16 in the last five NCAA Tournaments. All 14 SEC members have advanced to the Sweet 16 since 1996.
· The SEC has advanced at least one team to the Elite Eight in nine of the last 12 tournaments.
· The SEC has advanced a team to the Final Four six of the last 11 tournaments.
SCHEDULE/RESULTS (All times Eastern):
Tuesday, December 20
Wofford 67, at Texas A&M 62
North Ala. 66, at Ole Miss 65
Battle in the Vault (Lincoln, NE)
Drake 58, #15 Mississippi St. 52
at #9 Alabama 84, Jackson St. 64
Jumpman Invitational (Charlotte, NC)
Oklahoma 62, Florida 53
Wednesday, December 21
at Georgia 72, Chattanooga 65
at #8 Tennessee 86, Austin Peay 44
at #19 Kentucky 88, Florida A&M 68
at LSU 72, ETSU 68
at #10 Arkansas 85, UNC Asheville 51
#23 Auburn 84, at Washington 61
Thursday, December 22
at South Carolina 65, Western Ky. 58
at Vanderbilt 70, Alabama A&M 62
Missouri 93, #16 Illinois 71
Tuesday, December 27
Northwestern St. at Texas A&M SEC Network 7:00 pm
Wednesday, December 28
Rider at Georgia SECN+ 7:00 pm
#7 Tennessee at Ole Miss SECN 5:00 pm
*Florida at #20 Auburn ESPN2 7:00 pm
*#19 Kentucky at Missouri SECN 7:00 pm
*#9 Arkansas at LSU ESPN2/U 9:00 pm
*#8 Alabama at #21 Mississippi State SECN 9:00 pm
Friday, December 30
Prairie View A&M at Texas A&M SECN+ 7:00 pm
Southeastern La. at Vanderbilt SECN+ 7:00 pm
Eastern Mich. at South Carolina SECN+ 7:00 pm
Saturday, December 31
Louisville at #19 Kentucky CBS 12:00 pm
Tuesday, January 3
*South Carolina at Vanderbilt SECN 7:00 pm
*Mississippi State at Tennessee ESPN2 7:00 pm
*LSU at Kentucky ESPN 8:00 pm
*Ole Miss at Alabama SECN 9:00 pm
Wednesday, January 4
*Auburn at Georgia SECN 6:30 pm
*Texas A&M at Florida ESPN2/U 7:00 pm
*Missouri at Arkansas SECN 8:30 pm